The Japan Food Product Overseas Promotion Center, or JFOODO, is committed to respecting personal information and protecting the privacy of all individuals who use the official website of JFOODO (“JFOODO Website”).
- In general, JFOODO will not collect personal information, by which a customer is identifiable, such as names or addresses, when you visit the JFOODO Website. Some services offered through the JFOODO Website, however, require you to register personal information to receive or use such services. In such cases, prior to asking you to submit your personal information, JFOODO will clearly specify the purposes of use of such information and will use the collected data only within the scope of such purposes. JFOODO will not use your personal information without your consent for other purposes.
- If you would like to discontinue using any or all of JFOODO’s services you registered, or make changes to your registered information, you can do so at any time by following the applicable procedures.
- JFOODO will not disclose personal information you provide JFOODO via the JFOODO Website to any third party, except under the following circumstances:
- JFOODO has your consent.
- JFOODO is required by law to disclose such information.
- JFOODO shares your personal information with an agent which will work on our behalf and disclose such information to the agent to the extent necessary to have the agent complete such work. In such cases, it is JFOODO’s policy to protect your personal information by concluding an agreement that obliges such agent to implement appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- personal data is processed and reduced to individually unidentifiable statistical data, such as the number of customers by region, industry, or age group.
- Some of JFOODO’s services available via the JFOODO Website collect information about your computer, by using “cookies”. Although JFOODO may identify your computer through “cookies”, JFOODO cannot identify you individually unless you provide JFOODO with your personal information via the JFOODO Website. Also, no personal information stored in cookies during your visit to the JFOODO Website will be sent to other websites. You can configure your browser to remove or reject cookies; however, depending on the particular cookie you reject, you may not be able to fully utilize JFOODO’s services.
- JFOODO has appropriate measures in place against unauthorized accesses to the JFOODO Website using firewalls and virus detection systems. JFOODO also implements appropriate processes for secure data transmission using data encryption. Through these measures and processes, JFOODO seeks to protect your personal information against unauthorized accesses, leakage or alteration. Under the Internet environment, however, no data protection method or combination of methods can be guaranteed to be fail-safe. Please note that it is your sole responsibility and decision to provide us with your personal information, as JFOODO does not guarantee that JFOODO measures and processes taken to protect such information while you communicate with JFOODO via the JFOODO Website are invulnerable.
- JFOODO is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your ID and password. Management of your ID and password is your sole responsibility. Please note that, if you have registered false information or information belonging to a person other than yourself, or you misused the JFOODO Website, JFOODO may suspend the use of your ID and password.
- JFOODO cannot control your personal information located in an outside website created by private companies, public/private organizations and individuals, which is not under the control of JFOODO and to which JFOODO Website links. When you link to an outside website, you are leaving the JFOODO Website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners of the outside website, which may collect your personal information. JFOODO recommends that you take care of handling your personal information and review the privacy and security policy of such websites.
First published: March 15, 2018